UPSC Syllabus & Exam Pattern IAS 2016
Union Public Civil Services became one of the major demands of the political movement compelling the British Indian Government to consider setting up of a Public Service Commission for recruitment to its services in the territory. The first public service commission was set up on October 1st, 1926. Union Public Service Commission has newly released the UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016 notifications for recruitment of Indian nationals of in Indian civil under many department for 1079 vacancies. Applicants who have filled their application form can Download UPSC IAS Syllabus & Exam Pattern from the official website of the Union Public Servoce Commission(UPSC).
UPSC Exam Pattern Details
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) has two parts of civil services exam-
- Preliminary Exam(Objective Type)
- Main Exam(Written & Interview)
- UPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern-preliminary exam consist has 2 compulsory paper each of 200 objective type question.
- Both the compulsory question paper will be objective type/ multiple choice answer.
- The language of question paper is set on Hindi & English both.
- Each question paper have 2 hours. For blind candidates 20 minutes extra given by UPSC.
Syllabus of UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2016
Civil Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus involves of two necessary papers of 200 marks each (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II). The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. The marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for main exam.
The Commission will fetch a list of candidates to be qualified for Civil Service (Main) Examination based on the criterion of minimum qualifying marks of 33% in General Studies Paper II of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and total qualifying marks of General Studies Paper-I of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination as may be determined by the Commission.
Syllabus Of Paper 1st-
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.
- General Science.
CLICK HERE – Sikkim Police Recruitment
Syllabus of paper 2nd-
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.).
Papers to be countered for merit list
|General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the world and society)||250|
|Paper-3||General Studies-II (Governance, Constitution, polity science, Justice and international relations)||
|General Studies-III (Technology, Economics, Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and disaster Management)||250|
|Paper-5||General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||
|Optional Subject paper – I||250|
|Paper-7||Optional Subject Paper – II||
List Of Optional Subject in Main Examination-
(ii) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
(vi) Civil Engineering
(vii) Commerce and Accountancy
(ix) Electrical Engineering
(xvi) Mechanical Engineering
(xvii) Medical Science
(xx) Political Science and International Relations
(xxii) Public Administration
(xxvi) Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.
Personal Test & Interview-
In the UPSC civil services exam the interview and personal test marks is 275. The applicants will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/ her career.
For more details you can visit on the UPSC official website at- upsc.gov.in.
Latest Govt Job Updates
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Naukri in your email inbox.